Friday, December 28, 2012

meals from the ads

It's two in the morning. tomorrow is going to be a long day, so I decided that I would get a head start on it.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, prices are going up rapidly I suspect because of the drought. Its going to take some creative meal planning to compensate. But,like our mothers and grandmothers before us during the great depession and WWII, I suspect we will survive. One could hope that the federal government would step up to the plate and give the farmers subsidies, but with the cliff being so rocky, I am not holding my breath.

On to food....

My formula for meals is 2 beef, 2 chicken or pork, 2 vegetarian and a fish.


Safeways has salsa cheaper than you can make it. We tried a few wks ago, it wasn't bad.

Tacos, refried beans.

London Broil, roasted root veggies.

veggie fritata

mac and cheese

salmon ( on sale this weekend at Safeways)

Chicken pot pie

Pork roast , mashed potatoes, green beans and salad

Notes

chicken and pork is from last week . (frozen)
I plan to make ground beef this week out of the London broil that is on sale.
don't forget to de fat it.


Cheese is still a bargain at 2.50 a pound.

if you have been stocking, you have time to regroup and make adjustments to compensate for the higher prices.


Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane








No comments:

Post a Comment