Saturday, December 22, 2012

Suddenly Saturday.

Two days until Christmas eve. I quit baking for Christmas. My son makes cookies and my daughter makes fudge. Consequently, my stress level is at zero! We are bringing food to the family parties, but that's not a big deal.

Christmas morning we have Belgin waffles, bacon, and Christmas oranges. I haven't been able to find real Japanese oranges for several years now,


For the vegetarians,

VEGGIE SKILLET from land of lakes booklet

2.5 cups bow tie pasta, cook and drain.


2T butter
1tsp minced garlic
2med zucchini, cu into 1/2 inch slices
median red onion
1 T fresh basil
1 cup cheese in /2 inch cubes


Stir fry everything except the pasta and cheese until veggies are tender. Stir in pasta and heat through. Stir in cheese. Salt and pepper.


GREEK FRITTATAS

1 medium red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 cups spinach leaves
1/2 cup milk
8 eggs
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Pepper
1/2cup crumbled feta cheese

1 can diced tomatoes, warmed with garlic and herbs.


In skillet, cook red pepper and onion 3-4 minutes
Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.

In bowl, combine milk, eggs, garlic salt and pepper. Stir in cheese.

Reduce heat to med low and add egg mixture to veggies.
Cook, lifting the eggs on the side of the pan until eggs are set and the top is done.


Spoon warm tomato over at serving time.


One of the ways to beat the rising cost of meat is to eat vegetarian a couple of nights a week. My mother did that before the word vegetarian was in our vocabulary! LOL

I got cheese for 2.50 a pound at top. It is tillamock. I spent more than I usually do, but I picked up some last minute stocking stuffers and it's Christmas. Well go back to frugal after Christmas.


Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment