Friday, December 21, 2012

Three days until Christmas. Eve

Three days and I'm sure the little ones are waiting with anticipation. Our little one isn't old enough to know what's going on, but I'm looking forward to her squeals .LOL

Last night we had the pork stew that I posted earlier I'm the week. Itvwas really easy to cook the pasta in the microwave cooker and heat the stew and walk away.

On to food.I haven't shopped yet.

Beef Stuffed French Bread

1pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1large baked potato, peeled and cubed
1can cream of mushroom soup
Mushrooms

1 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Pepper


Loaf of French bread
Cheese


1) brown meat and onion until meat is no longer pink and drain.

2) add re sing ingredients except the bread and cheese and simmer for 10 minutes.

3) cut the loaf of bread lengthwise. Hollow out some of the bottom , leaving 3/4 inch shell. Place the removed bread in a blender or food processor and make crumbs. Add 1 cup crumbs to the meat mixture. Add cheese.

4) stuff the bread shell. Wrap with foil. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.


Notes
I would use already cooked and drafted meat. I don't usually have mushroom,s around because my husband is not fond of them. I might substitute olives and add some Ed pepper just because I like some color . It seems more appetizing to me.


SPINACH MEATBALL SUBS

Add chopped, cooked spinach that has been squeezed dry and Parmesan to your basic meatball recipe. Add red sauce and shredded white cheese. Fill sub buns.



Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane




2)



No comments:

Post a Comment