Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day !!

Happy Mothers Day

My daughter and granddaughter and I went to the zoo.  We packed a snack and water bottles. my daughter has a  pass, my granddaughter is free and I was  1/2 off  because  I am a grandmother.

There was a little girl that had her face painted. My daughter asked how  much it cost......18.00 marked down from 25.00 because of Mothers Day....I told my daughter I could feed us dinner for the entire work week for that!!!?  LOL

Onward....

I still need a couple of things from ALBERTSONS and some vegetable seeds with my rite aid Money.

Zucchini is almost free in the summer around here.  It grows everywhere and prolifically.

Zucchini sausage lasagna.

Make a red  sauce with sausage, garlic, onion, tomato, tomato  paste and Italian herbs.  Use 1 can tomato paste and two 28 ounce cans of tomatoes.  1 pound of cooked sausage.
Slice 3 zucchini lengthwise and cook.  I would put them in a 350 degree oven on a oiled sheet pan until soft.

In a bowl. Combine
1egg
1 pound ricotta cheese or cottage cheese (small curd)
Scant cup of parm cheese


Set aside.

Cook 8 lasagna noodles, drain.

Layer in 9X 13 pan
Red sauce
Noodles
Zucchini
Cheese mixture
Mozzarella

Repeat once

bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
Sprinkle with more mozzarella
Bake an additional 5 min or until cheese is melted.

Let stand  15  minute
Makes 12 servings
NOTES
I would 1/3 the recipe.  .  I might just use zucchini in place of the noodles.
Cottage cheese is a good alternative to ricotta.  I used to threaten spinach, squeeze it dry and add it to the wet cheese.  I, however wasn't using zucchini.  Cottage cheese and sour cream are much cheaper at Costco.  They were a buck at QFC.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share.

Jane
4+ 1 equals 5.
 better cheaper faster
remember , you get paid for shopping not for cooking.
 If  you're short on time spend more time shopping and less time cooking.
Plan your shopping trip.  A few minutes of planning, saves gas and time.








No comments:

Post a Comment