Thursday, May 30, 2013

Shopping trip.

After  the excitement of a car wreck between a little old lady and a school bus, and the grocery store being robbed of 300 dollars worth of cosmetics.  I didn't know that  QFC had 300 dollars worth of cosmetics.!  Anyway, after all of that, I went shopping before I went to work.  

I used all the sales I could find as long as it was things that we could use.  I got crest toothpaste for FREE .  I got HORMEL items mostly for a sale price along with coupons.  I got  shelf ready meals for my granddaughter.  I picked veggies and rice for fifty cents.  I got two loan mashed potatoes on the shelf for .42 a package.  I got milk for a buck a 1/2 gallon.  

Fresh fruits were a good price and frozen veggies were a buck.  I was trying to keep the budget down so that I could start using from the stock on hand.  

I wound up saving 65 percent.  I saved more than I spent!   I'm happy in a state that won't let you get overages!!   I am not going to spend a lot of time clipping coupons and I refuse to pay for them.  I Did want to  experiment to see how well I could extreme coupon.  

The next experiment is to see which is the least expensive...sliced black olives or the whole ones in the can.  If anyone knows, I wouldn't mind a bit if you commented back about your findings! 
LOL.  

The  bottom line was 30.01.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment