Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday....

I look at the red plum coupons in the grocery insert.  most of the time they are for expensive stuff that I would never buy in the first place..  A coupon is not a bargain if it is for high  priced ready made stuff.
This is  second time around, the bloody machine erased my blog.

I thought I might be missing something, so I should explore the world of coupons.  If I can't make a legitimate bargain in a short amount of time, it's not worth it.  While spending a little time prepping for your shopping trip is definitely worth while, I am not for spending twenty hours a week and several hundreds dollars on newspapers just to get coupons for something  we are not likely to eat anyway.  it has to be practical.

Now when I can expend the effort of a few mouse clicks and get more than free baby food, I will do it. Even if the food is not appropriate for my grandchild, it can very well go to the food bank on the way home.  I would make that effort if we didn't have a baby at home.  this is America, no child should go hungry....if we can feed the starving......we can surely  feed our own especially if I can do it for more than free.

Ps they had no baby food jars at either rite aid.m I did get pouches also on the rewards.  It mad pouches really cheap.  Not exactly free, but pretty cheap.  The rewards can be used from the 8th to the 21 st. And I got another 1 coupon.


I found http://www.coupon-lady.com/. It is a web site that lets you print coupons NOT!   .  Also couponconnections.com that is based in Lynnwood, Washington. She  matches our local grocery ads with coupons.  The next step is to find free inserts from the newspaper.  I am not paying for coupons, it defeats your purpose and we don't get the paper.
Apparently pasta sauce if basically free at ALBERTSONS today if you have the right coupons.
Where to find them is another question.

My normal per shopping routine is to analyze the ads and pick the two stores  that have the lowest
Prices on my target list of staples and fresh produce and meat.  I use the store and electronic coupons.
If I can add coupons and not take any longer than it takes the coffee to brew in the morning, I will do it.

 Try to balance the little extra shopping time with less time in the kitchen.  After a while, it's down to a science and you can get in and out of two grocery stores on less time than you spent walking through Costco or another store.  I plan my trip to use the least gas and can hit four stores is just over an hour.  If I am near other alternative stores, I hit them quickly so we don't waste gas.  Certain stores have certain things that are consistently  cheaper. Grocery Outlet has coffee and a wide variety of cheese.  Big Lots sometimes has cheap baby food, hot pickles, and diced tomatoes and facial tissue is
cheaper than the dollar store often.

blueberry Bread
Okay I'm dictating this
1 egg
 1 cup milk
 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
 2 cups blueberries

 vanilla sauce

1 cup sugar
1  tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup Cream
 1/2 cup butter

Directions for bread
 place dry ingredients in a bowl ,mix
 place wet  ingredients in a bowl, beat.
 fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients .
pour into greased loaf pan bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until tests done. 

Vanilla Sauce
Place sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.  Stir.
Add cream and butter. 
Heat to boiling.  Boil 2 minutes or until thick. 
Cool slightly before serving over bread. 

Thanks for stopping by
Please share

4+1=5
Better. Cheaper, Faster
Basically, you get paid for shopping, not for cooking. 

Jane























prices on meat and produce and the items on my target list.

No comments:

Post a Comment