Sunday, February 16, 2014

Coupoms, coupons, coupons,

Good morning.  I always check coupon connections before heading out to shop.  I shopped twice this  weekend because I thought I was going to have more than two coupons for the dollar tree and we did t get there on Friday.  There was only two matchups anyway.  I got sandwich bags for .50 for a extended package of 15.  And I got toothpaste for a quarter.  I am still trying to accumulate a basket for the women's shelter.   I can get two more at Walgreens for free today.campbells soup os .75 and I have .40 coupons .  I can remember when tomato soup was a dime.  Guess I'm getting old.

  I need to use the ten dollars I had from last week at rite aid.  Kellogg's cereal is cheap with ups and coupons.  She says .50, but I can't see her math calculations.  2/4, 1 up and a 1/2 coupon doesn't add up to .50.  I figure a buck, which is still cheap.  TP and paper towels are BOGO.   And soft soap is free with a coupon from the ad and a coupon from the inserts.  

If I can average six dollars a week, I can save 312 dollars a year.  That's a crunch of change on my book.  That's over two weeks salary for both my husband and I most of the time.  Just putting things in perspective.  I don't think that extreme couponing to buy a bunch of things that I will never use is fruitful.  I have seen a lot of postings on Facebook of getting 100 plus dollars of food for a few dollars.  Most of it, I would never buy in the first place.  I can see the stick pens that I know when I fond for a buck will be free.  Our dollar store does not carry bic.  If we don't use them, they are always disappearing from the store. But, most of the other stuff is ready made stuff or cosmetics we just don't use,  very little was honest to God food.  

Thanks for stopping by

Please share 

Jane 












No comments:

Post a Comment