Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Madness

Yesterday, we went to Rite Aid and Walgreens before I got my haircut.  I had ten dollars rite aid up rewards.  Paper towels were BOGO so I bought two and used a .25 coupon and a 15 oz bottle if body wash.  It was free.  Total cost 1.74.  That brings me to zero roll over up rewards.

Walgreens netted soup for 4/ 2.60  using two coupons.and two very large toothpastes for FREE using rewards and two coupons,  Also, we got light bulbs 4/1.00.

Walgreens register rewards are in the form of a Catalina.  Just a heads up, I didn't know that.

All on all, we really scored.  I saved more than enough to pay for my haircut!   It does pay to plan your trips and watch your register receipts. Check them before you leave the store.

While most of that wasn't food, it was all necessity type items.

Yesterday we had Mac and cheese and broccoli. I used a .50 package of pasta, a free can of recipe starter and all the leftover bits of cheese in the cheese drawer.  The broccoli I got for a buck a pound.
Taking advantage of sales and coupons made for a really cheap dinner.

I'm going to a meeting this afternoon, so I will probably put a pot of soup in the slow cooker.  It has been cold, rainy and blustery all weekend.  We still have it a lot better than most of the country.  

Thanks for stopping by

Please share with snap being cut and food prices rising, I would like to reach as many people as I can.  Your friends might not need this,  but get an idea or two to save time on the kitchen.  They may also know someone that does need it.

Jane



1 comment:

  1. JoAnn in central PennsylvaniaFebruary 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

    I agree that it certainly does pay to plan trips, use coupons, and watch register receipts. My husband and I have made it a point to plan all our errand trips - such as banking, groceries, etc. When we leave the house we make all our stops along the way on the right hand side of the street - we do the same coming home. It saves time and money because you aren't waiting to cross traffic thus unnecessarily idling the vehicle. Once, we really stayed aware and mindful of trip planning and used one tank of gas over a seven week period. As always thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete