QFC today has free sour patch candy. There is a coupon in the coupon flyers that came in the paper for a dollar off of Werthers original carmels. They are at the dollar store, so basically it a BOGO.
Of course, your doctor and dentist will tell you to eat sugar in moderation.
There are a few things that are not bargain at any cost in my estimation
- Fake butter : often has hydrogenated oils in it. Real butter is cheaper and better for you to use in moderation
- Corn oil : most corn products have GMO. The jury is still out. Most scientists say it can't hurt you. The doctor I read about says to avoid until there is more information out there
- Boxed parm cheese. It's old, rather than fresh, It has cellulose in it , which is another word for wood pulp. Buy your own block and grate it or at least buy grated in the deli and read the contents. A micro plane is worth the investment, yourmcheese is grated really fine and it stretches the cheese.
- Chicken that isn't Washington grown,. Not going into it here, but it's just better. No chicken in the United States can have hormones. Don't let the bragging on the oaxkage impress you,
- Hydrogenated oils, A lot of things have hydrogenated oils in them. To avoid all of them is nearly impossible. You can start by only buying olive and canola oil to cook with. Read the labels of the peanut butter and get one that has the least amount, If they are reducing the amount ifmhydroginated oiks, they'll be shouting it to the rooftops.
- Fake sugar . Fake sugar makes you fat. It's better for your diabetic numbers but the fake sugar doesn't know where to go because it isn't natural. So, it attaches to your fat cells and makes them fatter. Moderation is the key.
- Soda pop. The fizz strips your bones from calcium.
- Cocoanut oil. Two tablespoons of cocoanit oil have more saturated fat than a serving of beef.
- Potato chips. Fat fat fat. Salt salt salt. No real food value. Substitute so,thing else for the crunch factor.
- Speciality eggs or egg whites. Scientists have come to realize that while eggs have cholesterol, the cholesterol is the good cholesterol. You apparently want to boost your good cholesterol and reduce the bad. Just use regular eggs.