- Meal plan. So much time is saved not worrying about whars for dinner. You can look at it first thing in the morning, or the night before and act accordingly. Do you need to take anything or take something out of the freezer or prep anything ?
- Of you make something daily or almost daily, leave a measuring cup in the canister. It takes a half a cup to make oatmeal in the microwave. You just save a step.
- Having a container or crock on the counter with utensils saves looking for something in a drawer, It's at your fingertips.
- A tray with the things you use everyday is also a help. If you have a small kitchen, make it a small tray. Olive oil in a bottle with a bar stopper, or I've seen a condiment bottle , a small set of mesinplaus bowls, salt and pepper.
- When baking, gather all the ingredients and place them on a tray. Take them off the tray when you use the item, and place it on the counter. You never have to wonder did I use that already or not if you get interrupted. Like that's ever going to happen ?? It also saves steps.
- Putting all of one kind of thing in the fridge saves time looking for something. An organized door shelf is a great help. Dairy on one shelf.
- Develop a personal cook book of recipes your family likes and that are easy and quick. You can use a binder, dividers, and plastic sheet protectors. All easy to get at the dollar store or goodwill.
- Recipes that you use real often can be placed with a clip ok the fridge. If you don't like looking messy, out them in the side. You can copy pages out of a book or the instruction manual for an appliance.
- Batch cook bulk meat when it's on sale at a RBP. Ground meat makes, meatballs, taco meat, crumbles, Salisbury steak. Portion control and freeze. Make enough to serve that meat a certain amount of times for a month, Already cooked meat saves a lot of time at dinner time. You can. For instance, put speghetti sauce on to cook, add meatballs and let simmer after you pit the pasta on to cook. I cook the pasta on the microwave, no stirring, or watched pot. Salad ingredients can be cut and washed on prep day, and bread can go on the oven while everything else is cooking. In our house, my granddaughter is responsible for the bread. She's out of trouble while I cook the rest and dinner is parcially made and she's learned something.
- Using your meal plan affords you the luxury of prepping anything hat can be prepped during one session. If you are going to have veggie sticks at a meal and want to put some in a child's lunch, Oreo all of them at the same time and place me in a container, it's faster when you do. I'll cooking and prepping, everything is out and you can do one cleanup. When it's dinner time and hectic, dinner is made in a matter of mo items and you have time to relax or supervise home worl or just listen to how work or school went for your family members.
Monday, November 28, 2016
It's kitchen management day, so I thought I would share some kitchen hacks that make getting food on the table a little easier. You are more inclined to cook scratch if it's efficient and easy.