- Beef barley soup , Parmesan peppercorn French bread
- Pizza , green salad
- Mac and cheese , peas and carrots
- Chicken pot pie
- Steak . Oven roasted russet potatoes. Gingered carrots.
- Baked salmon w lemon sauce. Rice medley, minted peas
- Breakfast 4 dinner
1) beef cubes were on sale for 3.28 a pound at Winco. Cutting them in smaller cubes and portion controlling the larger package saves money and waste. Making smaller batches if you have a smaller family helps too. Bread can be made in bread baker. Often you can get them cheap at thrift stores. Or use a standard French bread recipe and add grated oarm and cracked oepper ( 3/4 teaspoon for a large loaf) . Beef barley soup has stock, carrots ,celery onion, chopped garlic and meat cubes. Cook in pressure cooker or slow cooker. An hour before serving, add the barley and a grated russet potato . If using the pressure cooker , switch to skow cooker mode.
2) homemade pizza crust, pizza sauce can be made by using part of a small (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce and adding Italian veggies, using a couple of spoons or so of pasta sauce if you are having pasta soon. Or, pizza sauce is a dollar at the dollar tree and you can freeze it on ice cube tray and dump the cubes in a freezer bag. Take out what you are going to use. To thaws quickly on the counter, or you can defrost it in the microwave a few seconds. The brand at the dollar tree kids at many grocery stores for 30-150 percent more. Add veggies or olives of choice. Pepperoni is also at the dollar store, major brand. Sometimes you can find coupons,
3) peas and carrots frozen have been on sale lately and there are coupons for them. So much for the argument that the only thing that has a coupon is junk food. Lol. Mac and cheese is scratch. Macaroni in the blue box is at the dollar store. The most you should pay is a dollar. Often with sales and coupons it can be as low as thirty eight cents.
4) chicken pot pie. Frozen chicken breast, cut in cubes, peas, carrots. Potato, cream sauce (scratch) -top with a pie crust or bisquits.
5) grilled steak ( Winco had it for three dollars a pound ) , oven roast wedges of russets with olive oil , sea salt and pepper. Sea salt is the pink stiff and is at the dollar tree for a fraction of Costco's offering, Cook sliced carrots, add butter and a little ginger.
6) bake salmon, season rice is a homemade mix of rice , chicken s tock, and herbs.
7) breakfast 4 dinner, Eggs continue to be cheap. Some lady back east found them at Aldis for .28 a dozen, a dollar for 18 os the best I've seen in the PNW. Berries are really cheap at Fred Meyers his week. Add pancakes, waffles, or English muffins (.cheapest at Fred Meyers) and you have balance.
When making meal plans, a guideline is a protein, a starch, and a vegetable. Your plate should be 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch and half vegetables. Aim to maintain balance.