Friday, April 15, 2016

What really happened. .....

I did go to Safeways today with the blanket coupon my daughters boss so generously gave me.   I didn't follow my examples because we already had a lot of what was on that list.  I started with the largest dollar items,   Adding in my head as I went along.   I pick three pounds of ground round, and a pork tenderloin.   Just short  of  17.00.   I went down the isles, comparing prices.   Just about everything else was higher than my target prices.   I never buy anything that is more than my target price unless we really really, need it.   I , realizing that everything was twenty percent off provided I stuck to a 25.99 limi, picked up no sugar added apple sauce for granddaughter, (2.00) .  I paid 1.69 for it at Fred Meyers .    The net price  of it will be 1.60.  

Up to 19.00.   Six to go.   My husband picked blue cheese.  That left a few cents short.   I added a package of ramen noodles that I use for stirfry without the flavor packet.  

25.18 less five dollar coupon made 20.18.  

I didn't use any manufacturers coupons.   I stuck  to protein because it is the most extensive of the food groups.    No sugar applesauce is hard to come by at a low price. There is fruit cups  and applesauce at the dollar store, but they are full of sugar, anywhere from 16-20 grams of carbs.    No child needs that many  carbs added to their diet.    





No comments:

Post a Comment