Thursday, January 17, 2013

Meals from the ads

Traditionally, groumd beef is one of the cheapest ways to buy beef. It os also one of the most versital. by buying in bulk you can portion control and avoid waste. Sometimes I have been finding low fat for 2.50. When a roast is cheaper, I grind my own. You can de fat hamburger and make it have less fat than a boneless, skinless chicken breast. Beef has some nutrients that you can't get in any other meat. Moderation is the key. It seems like what is good for you today, isn't good for you tomorrow. Remember liver on the 60's?

On to meals... I'm talking my mindset so you can do it yourself using you families tastes. I am just doing the main dish, fill on with what's appropriate and inexpensive.

I'm still with

2 beef
2 chicken or pork
2 vegetarian
1fish

Using last weeks ground beef at 2.50 a pound

Taco soup
Spaghetti and meatballs

Chicken is .88 at QFC. That is about 1/2 of the price of a deli chicken. Buy a 4 or five pound one.

Roast chicken.
Chicken pot pie. If you make your own white sauce and portion control the bisquit, you can control the fat and calories.

Quiche
Mac and cheese

Tuna is .80 at Top.
Tuna melts

That's all.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment