Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday notes

Yesterday my daughter and grandaughter and I went shopping. I found a blank weekly calendar with big squares for writing. It was 2.00 less 70 percent. Itnwould have been less if I had the 25 percent coupon from the Internet. We went on the spur of the moment and I didn't prepare. I am going to use it for meal plans.

My husband is not particulary fond of chicken and pork. He wants us to go back to the good old days when pork hadnfat on it. LOL. Because of trying to eat a bit more healthy, we are eating a variety of meats. His main beef about chicken is that it has no taste. I am trying to find chicken recipes that are more tasty.

Jerk Rub for chicken

1T allspice
2tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
2tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper

Combine ingredients. Rub on chicken or pork. Grill or broil.

Balsamic vinegar glaze
Thyme, berry preserves, and a touch of balsamic vinegar.


chicken and pasta.

1/2 package of a long pasta....spaghetti, linguine, fettichini
1/2 pound cooked chicken cubes
Olive oil
1small chopped onion
1tsp minced garlic
1cup chicken broth
8 cups spinach
4 ounces swiss cheese

Sauté cooked chicken in olive oil. Add chicken broth,onion, garlic,salt, pepper. Combine pasta, spinach, and cheese in large bowl. Add chicken mixture and toss.

Thanks for stopping by
PLEASE share

Jane










No comments:

Post a Comment