Monday, June 3, 2013

Drought and prices.

Last years drought has only just begun to effect food prices, mostly beef and dairy.  It will continue to effect us through 2013.  I am seeing cheese prices double what it was last year.  I have a stock in the freezer of grated cheese.  I have better luck freezing grated cheese.
Corn should remain seasonally cheap, buy field corn is expensive, driving up the cost of meat.  ( feed) .  I am stocking accordingly when I find staples cheap.  I want to maintain my 70.00 a week a long as I can.

Beef has doubled already.  I suspect we will find that pork follows.
I also suspect that like our grandmothers before us, we will adapt to meet our needs!  Red velvet cake was an invention out of necessity during WW2.

Just an update.  My info is from the USDA..

thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment