Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday

Sunday already.Yesterday I went to Costco wholesale to get a few staples that I get once every year or more.  I buy salt in 25 pound bags.  It's 4 bucks and lasts us forever.  ( my daughter makes paint for the preschoolers.  ). I usually use sea salt for cooking, but use regular salt for baking.

I researched some Couponing  web sites , some of them are actually practical combining sale
Prices  with coupons for actual food instead of ready made stuff and a zillion cleaners I don't use.
I'm not paying for coupons, and I am not spending a lot of time looking for them.  I want my prep for shopping to be less than a half hour.

on to recipes

Pork Diane

Sauce
1 T water
1 T white wine
W sauce ( a splash)
1 tsp lemon juice
1tsp Dijon mustard

Mix sauce ingredients together.

Pour over cooked pork roast or chops.  Garnish with chives or parsley.

Note if I didn't  have wine, I would use apple juice or more water.


Asian Pork Wraps

7 inch flour tortillas

3Tcold water
2T soy sauce
1T corn starch
1tsp sugar
1/4 tsp minced garlic

3/4 pound pork loin or tenderloin
Cooking oil

3 cups coleslaw mix ( cabbage with carrot )


Warm tortillas in foil in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes
Mix sauce ingredients together.

Cut pork slices into thin strips.

Stir fry pork in cooking oil until no longer pink.
Set to side of pan.  Put sauce in center of pan and cook until thick and bubbly .  Cook 2 minutes longer.  Add cabbage mixture and stir to coat with sauce.

Place pork mixture on the middle of each tortilla and wrap like a cone.   (Wider at one end than the other.



NOTES
Pork tenderloin was 3.19 at Costco wholesale.  Grated cheese was 2.54 a pound.  I have seen cheese for 4.00 a pound lately.

My granddaughter saw the watermelons at Costco and declared that they were an apple.   If it is round and edible , it's an apple!! LOL

Brown and serve baguettes were like .73 each.  French bread is getting pricy.  I keep them on the fridge, they last a long time along with the flour tortillas.

I also got coffee syrup ,    Italian sodas are one of the only treats that I can have as a diabetic.  Sugar free syrup, water and milk.


That's about it...enjoy!  

thanks for stopping by
Please share

Jane












No comments:

Post a Comment