Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Internet Ideas

I have been looking at the Internet a lot lately.  If I have  free time or don't feel good..all that yard work played havoc with my back.  LOL.

I saw a lot of garbage, and recipes for stuff  I can't imagine eating...how about kippers on top of spaghetti?   Trust me, his dollar store meals are not 1/2 as good as mine by anyone's criteria.

There, however was a little girl, I wish I could remember her name, that was showing meals that you could make and freeze for a quick meal instead of buying the frozen counterparts.

She made pasta and veggies and chicken.  She flash froze the veggies with bottled Alfredo sauce, and flashed froze the chicken  alone, and the pasta again with sauce.  Each on a foil lined cookie sheet one layer thick.   After  an hour, she broke the sheet of food apart and put it in meal sized bags.

She also made pizza, par baking the crust and filling it with her toppings, then cutting it I to wedges and wrapping it individually.  My guess is that you could make whole pizza, but if there are only one or two of you, the first option would be more efficient.

maybe her name was  Divascancook.com ?

She had some good ideas mixed in with a little youthful anticks..

I just found Depressioncooking with Clara on u tube.  It's a hoot.  She is 91 years old, recanting times of the depression and cooking for her probably great grandsons.  Fun.


Thanks for stopping by

Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment