Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday

It's Wednesday and I don't have to go to work thanks to my husband who volunteered to work all day.  The fact that the construction project down there is in full swing might have something to do with it and the fact that the doctor said that I should not lift anything over 15 pounds and rest.

On to the subject at hand...

Today I am going to clean the vegetable drawer and make salads.  I have a pork tenderloin to roast off this morning so that I can have dinners together all week.  Yesterday I  made a slow cooker of soup so that dinner was ready when I got home from the hospital.  Planning ahead makes it easier to
 Manage dinner in hectic times.

Planning my grocery trip is  next of the agenda.  It is a small one because we don't need much and there are not many stock items if we did  need them.  If I didn't have stock on hand, I would go to the bakery outlet and WinCo.  The only match ups coupon wise that I found is I have two dollar coupons for Pizzeria Pizza , that makes them 3.00.  A good lunch or fall back on meal.  Hillshire Farm lunch meat is 5.99 less discount for SAFEWAYS just 4 you is 3.99.  I have a coupon for .55 off.  Making itm3.44.  That still makes it 3.44 a pound.  I have not checked if you can  stack these coupons.

I have spinach...there is a recipe on Betty Crocker  for Mac and cheese with spinach and bacon.
Corn on the cob is cheap and in season,  It will make a good addition to my pork and meat.
ALBERTSOMS has eggs for .88, a good time to make a quiche or Italian pie.  breakfast for dinner.  Yoplait is .50 at ALBERTSONS.  Remember, just because they suggest you buy a large quantity, doesn't mean you have to buy that many to get the price.  That is a ploy to get you to buy zillions of the product.  It's only necessary when you see buy 10 , or Buy 5 mega vents.

Beef chuck roast is 2.99 a pound, a good time to make hamburger.

Formula for dinners. Ours  may be different from yours.  I try to maintain a variety of meats /proteins to keep everybody happy and healthy.

2 beef
2 pork or chicken
2 vegetarian
1 fish or shellfish.


  1. Pork tenderloin , corn on the cob, spinach salad 
  2. Chicken pot pie, strawberry shortcake
  3. Bow Ties mac n cheese with bacon and spinach
  4. Breakfast for dinner 
  5. Salmon, rice, salad
  6. Hamburgers, salads
  7. Tacos, refried beans 

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane 

4+1=5. Four people, one meal, five bucks
Better, Cheaper, faster

Next time, I am going to challenge myself to make a dinner from the dollar store!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment