Thursday, March 3, 2016

Don't believe everything you hear and only 1/2 of what you read.

I have been reading a lot of grocery and health articles lately.   Mostly because I'm sick and that what can do in bed.   lol

A lot of things might have been true a few years ago, but some don't pass the logic test.    Yoplait yogurt has no HFCS  and no fake sugar in its low calorie yogurt.    Before you go ballistic on somvetching you read, it's best to do a little research.    There is a lot of hype where there is no merit behind it.  

I can believe that boxed Mac and cheese is processed, organic one report said has more fat in it.

Hamburger meal boxes are processed and have very little product in them.  

A study, however, said that processed lettuce in bags or crates has less germs in it than of you wash it. Yourself.  
Sometimes processed just makes sense especially if you have a small family.   Costco stir fry vegetables are a good price. They are frozen and you can take just what you need out of the package. I would cost a lot and take a lot of time to buy all those veggies separately.  

Frozen French fries are as cheap as raw potatoes, there is no Waste.   ( buying at RBP.) cooking them in the oven is good.

Look at what the ingredients are on the package.   How much per pound are you paying.   Is it easy  to make yourself.   Does it have a lot of oil, HFCS, or sugar of salt in it.   Will it save me money if I make it from scratch, or will it take a lot of time.  I made pita bread.... Once!

I read an article today about raised bread.    No gluten, no sugar, to HFCs, no this,no that...WHAT DOES IT HAVE IN IT.

I got mission tortillas for a quarter for ten.   Not worth my time to make them.  

Buyer beware.  Sometimes the healthier version  isn't really that healthy.  

Learn to read labels. Sugar has a lot of names.    Total carbs on the label is the total  carbs less the dietary fiber.  

Ingredients have to be listed in order of volume.  The thing that has the most in the ingredients has to be first and on down the line.   So when a tub of fake butter has water for the first ingredient, I'd be looking twice.    HudroginTed oil has a lot of names.    Palm oil. Coconut oil. Soybean oil, amd probably many more.   They are manufactured oils that use metal in the process.   They stay as a thick substance on the blood.    Not the best, my guess, for heart patients.    I'm not a doctor, I'm just giving an educated guess.

Of something doesn't have as a first ingredient the product it's suppose to b, I'd look again.  How about cheese sauce with no cheese!

Ingredients on labels  are easy to research.   And so is a logic test.  Protein bars , as one person stated, have oodles and oodles of sugar.    If they have well under 20 carbs, that's not oodles of sugar.

Read labels amd ask yourself it it passes the logic test.   Do the pros and cons.  Before you make a life changing decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment