Friday, March 18, 2016

Winco.

Yesterday, I went t a delightful luncheon with friends,   I also worked on my studio and did some housework.    I went to Winco to fill in what I was missing for meals.

I got
Stir fry veggies
Tomatoes, ( Roma's were about a buck a pound )
Lettuce
Strawberries were on sale

4 cheese pasta sauce by Huntsn was .88
Sliced black olives were .58

My ice cream was 2.97

The whole trip took 30 minutes.  

We had BBQ chicken , waffle fries, and green salad for dinner and strawberries with cream for desert.

We are thing to eat down the pantry and freezer.    I have Ben adding a little stock, but mostly fresh perishabkes.  

Oranges were less than a buck a pound in a bag.  

.  
Groceries on the cheap is looking at the Put Dinner On The Table meal train from a different
 prospective. .  The emphasis is on purchasing good food( shelf- stable/ freezer staples )at the lowest possible cost and purchasing enough to last you until it goes on sale again -- Keeping a controlled non-perishable stock of they things you use on a regular basis. It means that when you shop, rather than purchasing just what you need for a day or a week, you  buy a loss leader protein, produce you will need on sale, a stock item if it's a RBP, and dairy instead.    This allows you to put well balanced meals on the table consistently  for a four dollar a day budget per person.   You spend more time on the planning and shopping end of the meal train and less on the cooking end by cooking efficiently.    

Four dollars a day is the target amount for people on snap.   My premise is that of you can do it on four dollars a day, spending more isn't hard.   You still get more bang for your buck.    

No comments:

Post a Comment