Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday notes

My husband ran in to a lady that was so nice that she offered to return our cart to the store.   She was impressed that I had a coupon book/binder.    That must take a lot of time, she sad.   No, actually it took a little time and very little money to set up a coupon book.   I got the binder from the goodwill.  The dividers and pencil pocket from the dollar store, and some sleeves from office max.  It's not hard to set up and binder with dividers.  

I spend about twenty minutes the week of the month  pulling old coupons while I watch tv, and downloading the coupons for the new month.   Click and print.  Then separate them into categories and file.  Done.   

The inserts from the papers that come in the mail and the paper I get for a dollar at the dollar tree get marked with the date (if I remember ) and filed in a file folder.  Minutes.    

I check favado before I go to the grocery store to see what they think is on special and pull any coupons that will get me more bank for my buck.   

I have got as much as 75 percent off my purchases that way.   I do the math,   If it isn't going to be worth while to coupon or make something from scratch, I don't do it.    

Spending all Sunday afternoon clipping every coupon in five papers even if I'll never use it is a waste.    
We know what we will buy, that we buy on a regular basis.    The junk food....,it can stay in the paper. LOL. 

Onward and upward.   
Our meal plans went out the window last week.   I regrouped and went to easy things I had on hand that my husband and daughter could cook.   

We had 
Roast beef a jus sandwiches and waffle fries ( dollar store fries, not so good) steak fries are good.   
Shrimp stir fry 
Speghetti with red sauce and meatballs. 
Sausage , potatoes and peppers.   
Pizza

Back to normal.    

I spent 10.00 at Winco yesterday .   I'll finish at Fred Meyers today.    My loss leader meat will be chicken breast if they have them, and the cubed ham I got from Winco.    

Fred Meyers has milk for a buck and sour cream and cottage cheese for 2/4.   I already have eggs.    
Cantaloupe, blueberries, and some romaine and radishes should balance the vegetable Bin out.   
That should be it unless something is a grand unadvertised special I really have to have.   

Ps: this isn't meant to be all about me......I'm trying to show how with a stock , in adversity, you can punt and not revert to take out.   All we brought in from the outside last week was a bag of roast beef from the deli, because I was hungry for a jus sandwiches.   And, how you can make best use of the specials and just buy what you need to fill in your perishables and make best use of your protein dollar.    

Thanks for stopping by 

Please share 

Jane 


No comments:

Post a Comment