Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Off the grid.

I have not a clue what to write about today.    Anyone have things they want to read about please comment.  

Yesterday, we had tuna melts.   Fruit salad, amd a green salad with black olives and tomatoes.

I went to Fred Meyers and bought just what was on sale that we needed to fill in our meals.
Eggs were on sale for two dollars for 18.   That's eleven  cents an egg.    .88 for protein a meal is about as cheap as you can get.   We will have breakfast for dinner once a week for the next month.  

I replenished the raspberries.   I always have fresh fruit and veggies in season.

I bought four boxes of cheesy potatoes.   Betty's Crocker made with real potatoes.   They were a dollar each.   I had two coupons for .50 off of two.   There was a .50 Ibotta on them.   Net cost .62.
You can add a small amount of ham to the potatoes, make a salad using hard cooked eggs and vegetables and have a dinner  well unde  a five dollar guideline.

English muffins are the base for our tuna melts.  Fred Meyer always has a l a r g e  bag of English muffins for 3/5 or 1.67 each.    We had tuna melts and still have enough for egg muffins another day.  That is cheaper than Costco.

Coffee was 4.99.   I keep a back up when we open the last coffee, I buy a new one.   I avoid running to the store for one thing like the plague.  Going to the store without a plan is a sure derail manuvere.

We had to go further into town for an errand.   Grocery outlet netted nothing.    Everything was too high priced.   No harm, no fowl, we were already there.   I did check the coffee prices, more
expensive than Fred Meyers.

We were gone 1.5 hours and stopped for our errands for part of that and got gas.

We are full and I only need to fill  in perishables the rest of the month.



  1.  Tacos, refried beans , rice with salsa 
  2. Pizza 
  3. BBQ chicken thighs, French fries, salad 
  4. Pork sausage, potatoes, peppers, bread 
  5. Mac and cheese with chicken and bacon ( Pinterest) 
  6. Breakfast for dinner 
  7. Tuna melts.   , salads 


No comments:

Post a Comment