Friday, March 4, 2016

Freaky Friday.

QFC s freebie is a chocolate egg.    Woohoo.    Chocolate, did somebody say chocolate.  

I haven't grocery shopped . Maybe tomorrow.  

It's good to have easy meals in your pantry or stash to have when the main chef in the house is unable to cook. Wednesday we had shrimp stirfry..I got up and tried the crockpot rice.    I had never tried it before, so I only made about a quarters worth.  It turned out as stickey  rice and a put a reasonable amount of olive oil in it.    We like our rice more like individual grains.    I love my husband and daughter.  

Yesterday I asked my husband pick up just enough roast beef sliced thin at the neighborhood deli.   Surprisingly, enough for two sandwiches was only three dollars.    He cooked waffle fries and the sourdough baguettes in the oven and he made a jus.    Roast is so high or iced, I don't cook it very often.   I still came in with enough food to feed four of us for five bucks.    My daughter made lentil soup.   It looked very good, but I'm not fond of lentils.

Tonight I hope to cook.    Otherwise, we will have speghetti and meatballs.  My daughter is a pro at cooking pasta and the rest just needs to be heated up.

Stocking helps.   I haven't been to the grocery store.  We could have skipped the roast beef sandwiches, but I saw a picture on Pinterest  and was hungry for them.   We could go for some time more.  

After having emergency surgery , I sent my husband  to the store for perishables. He came back with beer and  Pomegranates .   I sent my college aged daughter to Costco with a budget, amd she came home with two weeks worth of real food.

Stocking covers your rear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment