Wednesday, March 9, 2016

It's ad day....

It's ad day and there is,not much there.   QFC was an two week ad.   I got grapes yesterday, but the five for five is not a good one to work with this time. A lot of things that I don't buy or can get at a lower price, there no  coupon match ups.  It's matching the dollar off and coupons than can bring you anywhere from 64-75 percent off.        Alberways is almost entirely exactly alike and there are not many  bargains.    

The last I heard the auction to sell Safeways and Albertsons stores was Feb 22, but it kept being postponed.    I think things should be better when the dust settles.    It's been a long time for this part of the country.    

We have Winco, Fred Meyers, amd QFC along with Costco, SAMs club, grocery outlet, and some things at big lots.  

Albertsons
Top round, London broil, 15 percent hambirger 3.99
Salad kits 2/6 - not a bargain
Cantaloupe 2.99 strawberries 2/5. - cheaper at FM

Five dollar Friday
No real bargains.

Blues and blacks  6 ounces 2/5

I honestly can't find anything on ad that isn't cheaper almost everywhere else.   They want 1.67 for peppers each.   They want. 1.49 for the oranges that are like .58 a pound last week at Winco.    I have purchased naval oranges for a buck  or under  for weeks now.  

Fred Meyers has a lot of dairy and chicken on sake.   Canned tomato and beans were 2/1.
Winco has good prices all the time, they fluctuate, but usually you can find a  find a good price on many things.  

Those have been my two chains for a while now.  
I am  not seeing flyers from many if the grocery stores.  Favado  might help, out but  they are not always accurate.     Sometimes you can match with coupons.  

I am  under my 75.00 a week budget for several months now sticking with Winco and Fred Meyers, adding a grocery outlet and dollar  store run and my regular Costco things.  I am very particular what I buy at dollar store and where it comes from.    I don't buy much.  Some American brands match with coupons for almost free food.

Costco has

  1. Bananas 1.39
  2. Blue cheese 
  3. Oatmeal
  4. Bisquick
  5. Rice 
  6. Refried beans 
  7. Green beans 
  8. Stir fry frozen veggies 
  9. Bacon 
  10. Laundry detergent 
  11. Toilet paper - paper towels can be cheaper with coupons, 
  12. Over the counter meds that the doc orders. 
  13. Vitamins on sale 
  14. Sour cream and cottage cheese in bulk.  
  15. Grated cheese at wholesale club ( 2.08 a pound last time) other flavors are 2.35 or so.  
  16. Hopefully brown and serve sour dough baguettes.  
All of this is bought on a need basis.   I don't keep a large stock of them.   I usually have more green beans.   It's one of the vegetables everyone eats.    


Grocery outlet is a good one for coffee sometimes and cheese.  You never know what you are going to find.   Foster farms chicken breast, frozen is sometimes cheaper.  If I don't  know where my chicken is from, I don't buy it-   I prefer Foster farms, but draper valley works.  Buzz words don't necessarily give you the best chicken.  

Thanks Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment