Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday shopping trip

This should prove interesting. I did not really go shopping last week.  I picked up a few things on sale  with coupons or rewards at the drug stores.  To say that the food isles at the drug stores were limiting would be an understatement , but if you know your prices you can score.  That goes for the overstock stores too.  Grocery outlet is mostly groceries.  I tend to stay clear of the produce unless I am going to use it immediately.  It's not as fresh as I would like it.  You save  NO money if it goes bad before you can use it.  big lots has a few isles, but what they have can be a bargain.  I passed on the fruit cups for the backpack kids because they were set in jello.  I think they want more pure fruit.  I get no sugar added if I can.  I am truly against filling a child with  16 grams of refined sugar.  LOL

Winco had better prices last summer.  I still managed to find a few bargains and they do have the most extensive bulk food isle I have ever seen.  I do wish that they had dry milk.  There are mixes that take dry milk, but it is more expensive than regular milk.


I actually have a need list this week.  That hasn't happened in a long time.  The specials are almost non existent and the ads are getting smaller and smaller.  My plan is to go to grocery outlet, SAFEWAYS and QFC and see what I can accomplish.  

I hear that ALBERTSONS is going to buy out SAFEWAYS in our area.  It was predicted that we would wind up with a few companies controlling the grocery market.  That is a little scary to me. If that happens Kroger ( Fred Meyers and QFC) and ALBERTSONS will pretty much have the market. TOP foods is pushing a lot of organic and farm raised etc.  I don't know of they are trying to enter the specialty store market, or just trying to be a hybrid.  As it is now, I am finding the best buys at QFC and SAFEWAYS.   I am beginning to see a pattern  between Fred Meyer and QFC.  ALBERTSONS is pushing their own brand a lot, and it seems to be an ok quality and much cheaper.

It will be interesting what the justice department thinks about that move!  

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment