- Pinto beans 1.5 pounds
- Rice 1 pound makes 6 cups
- Pasta sauce
- Pizza crust
- Pasta ( use coupons if you have them )
- Pepperoni ( coupons if you have them)
- Salad dressing
Grocery Outlet - prices aren't as predictable
- Cheese ( as much as you can for six dollars ) dollar tree sometimes has real cheese, but watch, sometimes it's fake. Compare prices
- Tomato paste
- As many vegetables as you can get with what's left. This will depend on how much cheese you can find. Stick to veggies that are close to a dollar. Now is not the time for a five dollar watermelon! Carrots, celery, peppers, lettuce, tomato. Bananas. Sometimes yogurt is really cheap at GO.
- Rice and beans - enough for several meals. There are six portions for two people out of the rice.
- pasta w sauce (2)
- Eggs and toast
- Bean and rice enchiladas. ( use tomato paste and water and slices for sauce. )
- Salad w pepperoni and hard cooked eggs, cheese
- Toasted cheese sandwiches . Carrot and celery sticks
This assumes you have the basics. If you have staples like butter, flour etc. you have a lot more options. This is by no means sustainable. On a long term basis. It is, rather. Make your tu,my happy until a regular budget happens.
This is a challenge. What can you do!