- When cutting vegetables, olives , etc for a salad, hold a little back of anything that can go on a pizza. Stick it on a quart bag and out in the freezer door. I also get pizza sauce at the Dollar Tree and freeze it on ice cubes. It takes two or theee cubes for a 14 inch pizza of younsoread it with a pastry brush, ( silicone ) we call this almost free pizza. Any bots of meats like the end of the sausage or a couple of tablespoons of ham cubes go on the door shelf too.
- Don't store coffee, hot pepper sauce, onions, tomatoes, garlic in the fridge.
- You can cut the top part of onions, green onions, lettuce, celery, and put them in water, Then plant them. Green onions just keep growing and you can cit parts off as you need hem,
- Always start the thing that takes the longest to cook when prepping a meal. You can fit in the rest while the first thing is cooking. Cook the pasta for a pasta salad, while the pasta is cooking , you can chop veggies and make the dressing, for example.
- One of the best timesavers for dinner prep so to cook all the bulk ground meat including sausage at a time, De- fat it to reduce your trans fats by up to 17 percent, This is especially important for sausage or more than 7 percent fat content ground meat, Portion control on quart bags the ground beef and place the quart bags in a gallon bag. Date the gallon bag and label. Dinner is amsnap when the meat is already cooked and you will find that you are more likely to de-fat a batch at your leisure than you would of you are doing it on the fly,
- Always buy multiples of anything that won't spoil and you use on a regular basis of it's a steal of a price. It's just more bang for your buck. Some people think they need to be minimalist, but you can be a minimalist so,where else in your life. There is a line between hoarder and being prepared and cutting your food bill. You don't have to have a coat closet full of sodas. Lol. But six cans instead of one can of green beans when you are paying .33 instead of .58 really helps you bottom line, Just buy something else on sale the next week in place of,the beans , buy the corn or diced tomatoes. It all comes out on the end, but the end result is that you paid 1/2 or less for your food. So,emfor this week, so,e for next if ):); happens in your life. A job loss. The streets flood so trucks can't get to the stores. the kids get sick. Any number of reasons
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Bullets - kitchen hacks
Just a few kitchen hacks