Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday madness

I thought we would talk about cooking for two. We have four people at home now, bit only two and a half of us eat meat. ( my granddaughter eats chicken).

Meat Loaf

2 eggs
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
Salt, pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs

1 pound ground beef

Mix together. Do not over mix.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes


Can use the same recipe for meatballs.


Yesterday I cooked shredded chicken. I bought another grill pack at Fred Meyers yesterday. Most was 5 bucks and change. I will debone the breasts and freeze them between wax paper. That gives me four plus the tenderloins.

I took the rest, added the bones from the breasts, and added them to water in my stock pot. I added a couple of garlic cloves and a small onion, salt and pepper. I brought them up to a boil, turned it down to simmer, and let it go until the chicken was tender enough to be shredded. I let it cool and shredded it. Then I strained the broth and put it into my lock and lock egg saver. When they were frozen, I popped them out with a spoon and put them in a freezer bag.

I got 4 cup portions and a quart of stock. Enough for 4 meals and soup for a cost of 5.00!

Chicken Crepes

Crepes

1 egg
1/2 cup of 1/2 and 1/2
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup flour

Place all ingredients in a blender and process 5 seconds. Or beat egg, add cream, and add flour until smooth.

Cover and chill two hours or make immediately.

Cook in a small crepe pan that has been oiled . ( both sides.)

make Cream sauce.

Make roux of 2 T butter and 2T flour. Mix in 1/2 cup chicken broth, 2 T cream, 1 T wine and 1-2 T parm or other hard cheese.

Filling

1/2 cup cooked meat
1/4'cup chopped cook veggies of choice
Combine with just enough cream sauce to hold together.


Make creeps, fill with filling and roll up. Place in shallow baking pan. Add 2T cream to remaining cream sauce.
pour over Crepes. Sprinkle with parm. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

This seems like it takes a long time. A good way to make an elegant dinner with leftovers. It can be done ahead of time and refridgerated overnight or made early in the morning or afternoon .
And baked off at dinner time. Add a Cesar salad.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane








No comments:

Post a Comment