Monday, August 19, 2013

What to do with what you got!

" I'm stuck." ...our granddaughters favorite expression this weekend. Really, I would love to hear a comment as to what you would like to read about. I, rambling on lately. LOL

My pet peeves: picky eaters and people telling me what not to eat every other day. My doctor told me to drink four cups of coffee a day to help the liver. There is an article in the women's day that suggests you drink three cups a day to keep from having diabetes. I cut my consumption to one a day for some reason, I or get. Now, there is a story out there that if you drink four cups a day it will kill you. ???? I'm going with my doctor. I haven't got up to four a day, taking it slow so I don't have the headaches I got going off it. LOL

Meals....put matrix is

2 beef
2 pork or chicken
2 vegetarian
1 fish

This is a compromise to suit my family. Your matrix is probably different.
I got spare ribs for dinner last night. At 2 dollars a pound, it was an expensive dinner. Had I been feeding four people, I would probably have had enough left for some soup. That's two dinners for 8 dollars. The rib dinner with half a corn and a salad, would be close to five dollars. I would add vegetables and beans and make a second dinner with a salad and roll. Another five dollar dinner. But, I would have prefered to have BBQ pork sandwiches and French fries and vegetable sticks.

1) spareribs, corn on the cob, salad 5.00
2) BBQ pork sandwiches , French fries , veggie sticks. 6.50
3) enchiladas , salad
4) spaghetti and meatballs, green salad 4.50
5) Mac and cheese , peas and carrots.
6) vegetable bean soup , rolls
7) tuna melt , salad, ( use buns from the BBQ pork sandwiches.)

Bumble tuna is .80 at rite aid on a mega 10 event. There is a coupon out there.
Corn was 3/1 last week at Freddie's. brown ans serve bread sticks were 1.89 a bag.
Peas and carrots are 1.00 at the dollar store. Corn tortillas are cheap at Costco.
I pay less than a buck. I try for coupons to make them closer to .50.

If you buy your food when it is at it's cheapest price, you can effectively make dinners for an average of 5.00.

I know there are people with six digit incomes that can't relate to stockpiling. I loved it when a lady on the today show said ( paraphrasing) if you can't understand it, you ain't been broke enough!

My husband and I are facing the possibility of loosing our supplementary income. We have four mouths to feed. I am overstocked for a reason.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share and click the follow button.

Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment