Friday, August 16, 2013

Suddenly Saturday

After my husband had his discussions with the boat mechanic, and we played musical printers we went grocery shopping. I managed to get a lot of cleaning done. My old heavy reliable printer gave up after twenty years. I'm sad because they don't make them like that anymore. It goes to the recycle place tomorrow


I chose Fred Meyers because they had the best deals on local produce. I really don't need a whole lot of other foods.
I purchased a 4.00 bag of ham cubes. I can get at least three, maybe four meals out of the bag. That makes for really,cheap meals.

Veggies were cheap, as well as Nalleys chili with an in ad coupon.
The meat was not cheap. They had the instant mashed potatoes that I like in several new yummy flavors. Smoked bacon flavored sounded very good. They were a buck. Last check was 1.59. I have got them for as cheap as .80.

Corn was 3/1.00 and peaches and nectarines were less than a dollar.

Rite aid was on the way home. Ice cream was 2/6 with a two dollar up reward. That makes it two dollars a carton. They had not changed out the signs . The signs didnt match the ad. Don't hesitate to ask if that happens. They have to honor the ad. They , also have to honor the sign that they left . I just didn't want to buy four ice creams. The freezer is too full. All in all, I spent 44.00.

Last night we had egg omelettes and a fruit cup of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and peaches. Breakfast for dinner is a good way to cut your meat consumption. Eggs were 1.25 a dozen today.

Making a little meat stretch your meal helps keep your 5 dollar budget.

Please share and click the follower button!

Thanks for stopping by

Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment