Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sweet Sunday

Sunday.. Me will go get the newspaper from the dollar store, it's close by on the highway. Dial soap has a coupon , so it is .50 for three bars, of they carry it. I'll look, it would be another thing for the women's shelter basket. My friend brought me a basket with tissues etc in it for the shelter.. I'll add my stuff to it.

yesterday, we had enchaladas for dinner. I made two batches, some with real meat and some with fake meat.I left the hot stuff out of the sauce to accommodate the baby. She wouldn't eat it anyway, next time , I will add the chili powder and the cayenne. LOL. live and learn. my picky husband ate every last bit! It's harder to make a scratch dimmer when you have to accommodate picky eaters, it's much better to teach them to eat everything in the first place. Children learn by example, I am afraid my granddaughter is picky because her mother is vegetarian. My daughter ate everything until she became of age and decided she would be a vegetarian.
.
He picked up the corn tortillas . I keep flour ones on hand, but don't usually use corn ones. I can see a kidney bean added to the mix. Especially with the vegetarian one, I topped them with sauce and three different kinds of cheese ( using up some bits ).

I think we will have a big chicken salad for tonight with French bread.
I still want to photo journal a weeks worth of dinners. We eat pretty normal for 1/2 of the thrifty stats.

grocery shopping was quick this week. I went to QFC to get my meds. There was nothing I wanted to buy. They had some nice orchids for 12.99, but I passed. I'm trying so save money to cover the doughnut hole.
Fred Meyer had better buys and I could go to rite aid for ice cream. I am sitting at 75.00 a week this month.
I have not made up for the extra I spent in June and July. We still, based on the amount of stock we have, are sitting at 1/2 of USDA stats, based on actual food eaten. I have stocked the freezer, and the pantry.

I have banana bread to make, clothes do fold and meds to dispense into my weekly box and I can't think of anything to
Say, I'll be back later with a recipe.

Thanks for stopping by
Please share

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment