Tuesday, April 30, 2013

one ingredient visited : Ground meat

I am trying to address one food item per week. This week I picked ground meat. it is one of the most versatile sources of protein around-- ground beef, turkey, chicken, and pork. Mix several together for a tasty meatloaf.

I have a hard time with ground poultry. The consistency isn't right for me....when I tried to sneak ground turkey into the taco meat...my husband squawked before it ever touched his lips. LOL

Hamburgers can take on any number of flavors . Teriyaki, Mexican, chili burgers, sloppy joes,beef and bacon,blue cheese. Italian cheese burgers to name a few.

how about Spanish rice? Meatballs, meatloaf, pasta sauce.

Meatballs go in pasta sauce, in sub sandwiches, in brown gravy over noodles. In cream gravy over rice.

the Internet is full of casserole recipes.


I batch cook and defat hamburger. Meat balls can cook in the oven over a cooling rack on a sheet pan.

Taco meat is easy...taco seasoning is on a previous blog.

Defatted crumbles are a no brainier. Use on pizza. In pasta sauce, as a base for sloppy joes or sheaperds pir or impossible cheeseburger pie.

Meatloaf is a Favorite here.

Four plus one is five.
Better, cheaper, faster
remember, you get paid for shopping, not for cooking.



Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment