Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday... The weekend looms

I read an old cookbook on my break yesterday.It was the history of Campbell's soups. Very fun to read. brings back old memories.I can remember chicken noodle soup. We lived four blocks from the school, so I came home for lunch.
Sometimes Mom would buy bean and bacon soup.

There were many good recipes that could be adapted to be scratch recipes and the basic green bean cassarole and tuna noodle.Some nostalgia still reigns.

There is a recipe for chicken enchiladas. It calls for enchilada sauce. Modes anyone know a recipe for easy enchilada sauce? Buying sauce jacks up the price too much.

They make my sausage and bean soup by substituting the beans for pasta and flip flopping the balance of tomato and broth. Add sausage and chicken cubes .

Tomato soup spice cake. Never had it, I can't picture what it would taste like and what to substitute for the shortening. has anybody tasted it before?


Combine red potato, broccoli, red pepper, green onion and lemon juice .

I read last night that red potatoes have 34 carbs for a three inch one ! Guess it is 1/2 a potato for me....bummer!
Regular russets are much more carb friendly!

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment