Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bread dough in the refridgerator.,,

http://marymurtz.com/2011/12/16/frugal-friday-refrigerator-bread-dough/

This is a web address of a refrigerator bread dough recipe. There are more out there, but this is the one that is more concisely written.

This also makes pizza dough. I have another recipe for pizza dough on an earlier blog. I think that this is more like artisan bread or sourdough.

Pizza is a cheap kid friendly meal. I got pepperoni for 2/1.00 with a coupon last month. Cheese is rising in cost, but I watch sales and have a lot stocked in the freezer. Stocking grated cheese would be a good thing to do.
tomato paste is .40 at big lots and also cheap by the case at Costco. Big lots does not take food stamps. You can also hold out a 1/4 cup of pasta sauce and freeze it when you are making no Brainer pasta. You can make a cheese pizza for really cheap. my best guesstimate is a little over a buck. if you add my .50 pepperoni, it's 1.55.


Flour costs .075 a cup if purchased at Costco in bulk. Be sure to store it in an airtight container. Salt is 4.00 for 25 pounds. I use it to clean, my daughter uses it to make paint for the preschoolers, you can use it with vinegar to kill weeds.

I don't count anything in costing a recipe that is under 2 T or too hard to break down, water and salt is too hard to cost. The flour is about .45. The recipe makes several loaves. I don't remember what I bought my yeast for, I got it bulk at Costco. I suspect, it will cost out far less than the 3 and 4 dollars a loaf that it costs to buy it.


I think what I am saying is that trying to feed your family on the cheap is doable. It may take some work, and it's a learning experience, but it is totally doable. If your situation calls for it, or just if you want to save money, you can do it. I am constantly looking for new ideas. It gives us variety in our meals. I want to learn something new everyday. learning to cook from scratch affords your family better meals for less money. The less processed your food is, the more food value it has. all those expensive FREE foods, aren't FREE. And, think about it, if it's free, they have taken something out of it, and raised the price. How much sense does that make?

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment