Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday shopping.

Part of my friday shopping happened yesterday. We have crazy schedules this week.  Thursday is not a good day to grocery shop.  The ads start on Wednesday,mand the items on sale are picked down and not restocked.  QFC was out of sour cream and butter.mmthey found me butter and gave me Darigold instead of Kroger sour cream.  I had to ask.  I was buying daring old in bulk from Costco. It  has a long fridge life, but we weren't using it all up.m I need to make an attempt to incorporate it into some other recipes.  Sometimes I make a list of things we can make to use up the last of a product.  You can always google it  on Betty Crocker and  see what pops up.  For now, I have been getting it really cheap in smaller quantities.

I got some fruits and veggies on sale.  Cucumbers were .69 and they were large.  Peaches were reasonable as was a raw, whole chicken.  Meat is a better  buy at SAFEWAYS and I have coupons to match up.  Tuna is .69 and we are running low.  I don't stock a lot of canned meat and fish because it has a shorter shelf  life than canned veggies.

Guess that is all.  I'll repost if  I see any great unadvertised specials at safeways.

Big Lots at Shoreline  is closing.mjust a FYI.

Thanks for stopping by
Please share

Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment