We have had a food saver for years. We have had a dehydrated for years. This weekend we got some quart canning jars. Lately, we have only used the dehydrater for making beef jerkey, I have been dehydrating eggs while they are a dollar. Some time during the year they have been known to be upwards of two dollars. Still a good protein bargain, but keeping a stable dollar a dozen is better.
I also dehydrated carrots 🥕 and celery because it was still good , but approaching past prime time!
I got four split chicken breasts for 1.29 a pound and de- boned them, cooking the bones for stock and meat and freezing the breasts. I used some dehydrated carrots and celery to make the stock, The carrot coins re- hydrated and you would never know they had been dehydrated.
Prep work for this weeks kitchen management - motivational Monday
- Make bread from dough in fridge: make new dough
- Clean vegetable and meat compartment
- De hydrate anything in abundance.
- Make rice the day of the enchaladas and plan the cream of chicken for the next day,
- Plan to use the leftover taco meat tonight firneither baked ziti or impossible pie
- Wash the kitchen floor
- Suck the jars of dehydrated vegetables and eggs.
- Post the Fred Meyer slip in the food spread sheet,
- Mark the meal plan and things to use up list in the white board.
Prepping , stair stepping, and starting the week organized goes a long ways to make meals quick and easy and still keep a small budget together.