Friday, October 12, 2012

Baking...it's fall , right?

All things come to baking when fall and the holidays come.

I have been getting cookies for 50/ 5.00 on 5 dollar Fridays. I only get oatmeal or peanut butter.

When I was a kid, my mother started us learning to bake at 9 years old. There were some recipes that called for Ingredients that we always had on hand. ome was snicker doodles, and one was walnut squares. walnut squares are in the 1950's Betty Crocker cookbook.. They are essentially a blond brownie.

We also made a pudding cake that we called cowboy cake. I found the recipe on the Internet under butterscotch pudding cake. Basically you mix a cake and put it in the bottom of a 8 inch square pan. Then you put some vutter and brown sugar on top and pour boiling water over all. It was really good.

A few days ago I put a recipe on my blog that was basically the insides of a pumpkin pie. A good recipe for when you have a hankering for pie, but not the time.

Apples are a good bet for baking this time of year.

Baking ingredients are on sale with a coupon at TOP this week. Halloween cookies are fun for the kids to make and decorate.

Thanks for stopping by
Please share with Facebook or twitter. You can use the more drop down at the top of this page.

Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment