Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Meals from adds and extreme couponing

I was rocking the grand baby to sleep yesterday and happened on to extreme couponing.
I was trying to learn something. I think what I learned was that I don't need to spend a lot of time clipping coupons. Most of the things that I saw being purchased were not real food and many quantities were more than anyone needs in their pantry. Like, who besides many the family with eighteen kids needs almost 200 toothbrushes. One man bought enough deodorant to last an average family 150 years or so. This boarders on hoarding.

The way I look at it, I love a bargain, but I don't need to buy so many that I don't leave any stock for the next bargain hunter, I keep a realistic stock of some things that are food or other necessity items. It doesn't make much sense to take up valuable storage space for something you can't ever use before the expiration date.

I haven't seen stores that double coupons in Washington. most coupons I find are for pop, and other things that I don't consider a necessity or good nutrition.

I do applaud the COUPONERS that get actual food for almost free and take it to the food bank or a shelter. That is where extreme coupon ing makes sense to me.

On to the meal plans

This was not a week to stock up on staples. About the only thing on sale is the pasta.

Meals
1) roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad

2) roast beef a jus sandwiches, salad

3) Mac and cheese, broccoli

4) quiche, salad. Or pizza ( Safeways special Friday )

5) pork chops, applesauce, carrots, au gratin potatoes.

6) chicken pot pie, fruit cup

7) salmon on potatoes and tomatoes, salad*


Thanks for stopping by
Share with Facebook or twitter.

Jane

* slice potatoes thin and put in greased baking dish. Slice tomatoes and place on top.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees until potatoes are almost done. Put salmon on top and bake until fish is done.





No comments:

Post a Comment