Thursday, October 25, 2012

Meals from the ads

I thought I would go through my process for meal plans. I try to balance meats and costs. My mantra is 4 +1=5. Four people, ome meal, five bucks.


2 beef
2 chicken or pork
2 vegetarian
1 fish

1) pork loin roast, mashed sweet potatoes, salad, broccoli
2) sausage, peppers, potatoes, French bread
3) London broil, baked potato, salad,
4) tacos , retried bean, lettuce, tomatoes
5) Mac and cheese, broccoli,
6) quiche , fruit cup
7) salmon, a grautin potatoes, salad


Notes:
Salmon was 5 dollars at SAFEWAYS last week.
Pork loin is 1.99 a pound for the fill loin. I would try to split it with a friend or slice off pork chops and a roast and freeze them in meal sized portions.

London broil is 2.49 a pound. There is a discount JFU if you buy twenty dollars worth of ranchers reserve.

Broccoli is a buck at QFC. I bought peppers for 2/1.00 at grocery outlet. Carrots are a buck a pound at QFC as well.

In other words, buy the meats and veggies that your family will eat, and balance the meats to minimize your fat intake and average your budget.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share with Facebook or twitter

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment