Sunday, October 14, 2012

Soup and ?

It's getting hard for me know what to write about. I would really like to know what people want to know about. Today, I am on the road, and so I don't have access to my recipes.

I thought I would write about what to do for go withs for soup. Often I grate parmesan or another hard cheese. I get something from Costco-- maybe Romano. I take the label off and store it in a plastic bag so I don't know for sure. Twelve dollars worth of cheese lasts us a long time. I use a microplame to "grate " it. I also make a hard crusty bread with butter, grated Hard cheese and parsley and grate it or wrap on fol and heat until the butter is melted.

Toasted cheese sandwiches are always a hit with split pea or tomato soup. You can adult them up with spinach and tomato slices. Just be sure to deseed the tomato and slice it thin.

There is always a cheese, cracker and fruit plate or a salad.

Beer bread, cornbread, or a cheese muffin works well too.

Soup can often times stay warm in the slow cooker while Yiu fix a bread or sandwich,or you can get it ready before you start the soup on the stove.


That's about all I can think of now,

Thanks for stopping by.
Please share with Facebook or twitter. The more drop down on the top of the page is a link.

Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment