It's our happy hour group tonight.we are having all you can eat tacos. At five bucks a person, it's really an inexpensive way to go out with friends. While I am still 1/2 of the regular price for groceries. Going out is part of our entertainment budget. We don't spend a lot going out.
Yesterday I put the rest of the London broil in the crockpot. I found a recipe with cream of mushroom soup, water, Italian seasoning and garlic. 6-7 hours.
chilies Rellenos hot dish
1 can green chillies
1/4 pound jack cheese
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp ba Pow
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups pasta sauce
1) cut open chilies. Take out seeds, stuff with small cubes of jack cheese.
2) place in single layer in greased baking pan.
3) best eggs, until thick and foamy. Add milk, flour and ba pow., beating until smooth.
4) pour over chilies.
5) sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6) bake at 375. For 30 minutes or until set.
7) heat pasta sauce. Sprinkle sliced black olives if desired. Serve with pasta sauce to drizzle.
ALBERTSOMS had chillies for .50. You could also use fresh cooked chillies.
Cheese is really cheap this week with on ad coupon at Fred Meyers. I would substitute the past a sauce for salsa.
Reserve part of the can of olives for a pizza later in the week. that would make this a really inexpensive dish.
Serve with tortilla chips.
In this age of drought driven prices, economical meals take on a new look. They can still be tasty and interesting with a little effort.
Thanks for stopping by