Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dinners from the ads

I did go to ALBERTSONS yesterday. Most of the coupons on coupon connections were no longer available. When the manufacturers give out coupons to the web sites, they specify how many can be printed. After they have maxed out, they go away.

I did use a BOGO for Tillamook yogurt. There was one flavor that was .50, the rest were .85. I got them for a quarter each. I used a coupon on two cereals. I got pasta sauce for .79 cents. Pork chops were BOGO which made them 2.00 a pound. I have enough for us to have three meals. That's my stock meat for this week. I had chicken last week, but it is of sale this week as well somewhere.


Meal Plans


1) pork chops with apple bread stuffing, salad

2) chicken Mac and cheese, peas, French bread

3) tacos, refried beans,

4) spaghetti and meatballs, salad, bread

5) salmon, pesto potatoes, salad

6) cheese pizza

7) tomato omelette with mozzarella.

Notes: meatballs and taco meat are from the freezer, salmon is from the stock from out last Winco trip.
The pizza crust and bread are from refrigerator dough. Refried beans were .88 at ALBERTSONS, I paid .80 by the case at grocery outlet. Chicken is from last weeks stock meat, and the stuffing is from my dry bread stash.
I save the heels of the bread in the oven for bread crumbs.


I thought I would talk some ways to save money on food.

1) make your list and stick to it, the grocery store makes the most of their money on impulse buys. M
2) buy house brands unless you can find good buy.
3) portion control your meat, batch cook one loss leader meat a week. Buy enough to have the meat once a week for a month.
4) buy perishables wisely, to use them up before they spoil. There are storage solutions to keep produce fresh that are well worth the cost.
5) grow your own vegetables and herbs in the summer
6) use coupons on things that you will normally use and in a quantity that matches your 6 month projections.
7) use warehouse clubs wisely to stock up on bulk items that won't spoil. Check your prices. If something is in too large a portion, like beans, consider splitting the bag with a neighbor or family member.

Not in the food department, but I have been getting toothpaste for free. My daughter tells me that brawny is free with coupons at ALBERTSONS. Toilet paper is .45 at the dollar tree with a coupon. If you can score on the paper and personal necessities, you can have more money for food, or if you are on snap where it doesn't cover the paper goods, or personal items, free is a very good word. I can do without paper towels, I make a package last six months or so, I only use them for really messy chores. I have microfiber cloths from the automotive section at Costco.
But TP is another subject! LOL.

By shopping wisely and looking for new ways to cook inexpensive sources of protein, your family can eat well balanced meals on the cheap. Better, cheaper, faster and Four plus one equals five. Four People, one meal, five bucks.


Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment