Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday

Yesterday we had errands to run up north. we stopped at Rite aid and for their 10/10 with a 2 dollar up reward.
I had coupons. I wound up paying 5.55 and getting tuna and sardines.

Pork Quesadillas

1-2 pound pork ( ground)
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Avocado
1jalapeno pepper


8 corn tortillas
Oil


1) Cook meat with onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain , transferring to a bowl.

2) mix remaining ingredients ( except the tortillas and oil) together and fold into meat.

3) spread 4 tortillas with mixture. Top with remaining tortillas.

4) brush tortillas with oil until tortillas are browned and cheese has melted.


Notes:

Corn tortillas were 74 for 2.00 at Big Lots.

I think I would cook the meat, onion, and jalapeƱo . Place the cooked meat on the tortillas, add the cheese to them, and place the tops on and grill. Mix the sour cream with the avocado for a dip, or serve them with avocado slices and sour cream for a garnish.

Somehow, the sour cream and avocado don't sound yummy heated to me.

I could have used the leftover pork chopped up small for these. You could also use chopped up chicken too.
Avacados can be pricy, but sometimes they go on sale. You can afford the avocados on sale, because the recipe only calls for. 1/2 pound of meat. The meat is augmented with cheese. 1 cup of grated cheese is 4 ounces of cheese, I am still getting cheese for 2.50 a pound, or .62.

Serve tortillas with fruit. If I was having this for dinner, I think I would addnspanish rice or a tomato soup.

Keeping your eyes open where ever you go can net you a bargain that stretches your grocery dollar.




Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane















No comments:

Post a Comment