- Vegetable soup : beans, diced tomatoes, celery, carrots, peppers, Italian seasoning. Onions if preferred. Plain biscuit rolled with cheese like a cinnamon roll. Cut and baked.
- Pizza : most pizzas can be made for between a dollar and two dollars based on those of crust and toppings. A far cry less than buying a pizza. Even the crust at Safeways is two dollars.
- Chicken enchaladas with sour cream sauce : use pieces of chicken from de- boning the split chicken breast.
- Sloppy joes (Mexican style.) our favorite sloppy joe scratch recipe called for catsup. Catsup has HFCS. I found a simple slow,cooker recipe that calls for enchalada sauce and o got enchalada sauce for ten cents a can.
- Pork chops (from pork loin ) rice medley , peas and carrots.
- Tuna cassarole.with peas : use homemade cream soup mix. Start with vegetable plate.
- Breakfast 4 dinner, Eggs continue to be cheap. A sausage quiche is an easy dinner with field greens and /or fruit.
It isn't always what you eat, but rather, how you buy what you eat. Center cut loin pork chops can be 1.50 if you buy a loin in your rotation, or they can be 399 a pound. That's a lot of difference for the same product that you have spent maybe ten minutes cutting yourself, Develop safe knife skills. Your hands should be as far away as possible from the knife, If you can, crest a flat surface on the time to be cut to reduce the chance of it slipping, Use a good chopping board that is dry.