Last week, we had chicken enchiladas for dinner one night, Themleftovers for the next day's lunch. I made a huge batch of (three pounds of 7 percent fat groumd beef ) Mexican sloppy joes. I froze what we didn't eat in portion controlled freezer bags for an easy dinner another time.
- Chicken pot pie , fruit cup
- Mexican sloppy joes, tater tots. Salad
- Chicken chimichangas , rice and beans
- Tuna cassarole, peas and carrots
- Chilli, cheese, taco chips. Sour cream
- Leftover chilli on rice
- Breakfast for dinner
- Chicken breast cooked com frozen in the insta pot - 8 minutes, homemade white sauce mix, mixed veggies purchased with a .35 off coupon,
- Mexican sloppy joes - freezer meal , buns purchased to round out a basket coupon for .57 ( 2-3 meals) tater tots were a dollar and change for two pounds at Winco, Add a salad
- Chicken chimichangas. Chicken breast, tortillas that were 12 for dollar. Homemade white sauce with cheese.
- Chilli - made in the slow cooker. Beans from dried. Canned diced tomatoes with chillis bought for .58. Buying diced tomatoes that already have seasoning is a way to cut a little off your food cost and save time in the kitchen, Like finding sales , every little bit helps. Small steps.
- Leftover chili on rice
- Tuna casserole, peas and carrots. Just to break up the Mexican kick, We do like Mexican food as well as Italian a lot.
- Old main stay, everybody cooks together, breakfast for dinner. Eggs were 1.44 for 18. At Winco. They wanted more for a dozen at Fred Meyers. One of the reasons why it lays to go to more than one store. I got good berries for two dollars at Fred Meyers, the English muffins are always cheaper.