Last night we had sour cream chicken enchaladas.
- Use a cup of shredded or diced up cooked chicken breast .
- Mix cooked chicken with grated cheese. I usually keep Mexican blend on hand,
- Place chicken mixture on a flour tortilla in a line close to one side. Roll the tortilla up and place in a greased baking pan, side by side.(9X13)
- In a saucepan on the stovetop, melt 3 T butter and add 3T flour. Cook roux slightly to take away the flour taste. Add two cups chicken or vegetable stock and whisk until thickened.
- Take pan off the heat and add 1/2 cup sour cream. Stir until blended
- Add a can of diced mild green chilies, drained.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with more,cheese and bake at 375 for 20 minutes .
Use a little sauce and some chopped cooked broccoli, well drained to the chicken. Omit the sour cream in the sauce.