Sunday, March 12, 2017

Meal plans for week of March 13

Meal plans. Not necessarily in cronogical order.


  1. Chicken pot pie 
  2. Pizza
  3. Pork chops with crab apple dressing
  4. Chicken nachos 
  5. Chilli 
  6. Shrimp stir fry
  7. Breakfast 4 dinner 

Notes 
  1. Chicken breast was 1.50 for Foster Farms when I de-boned it myself,   
  2. Pizza - scratch crust (easy) no knead crust that takes 15 minutes to make excluding bake time and cost is .17 . Safeways had premade pizza dough that  you still have to roll and bake for two dollars.    Dough is just flour, salt, water, amd yeast.  There are almost always pepperoni 🍕 coupons on coupons.com that make pepperoni .50 at the dollar store.   (2/1) dollar store sauce is a name brand, themcheaoest anywhere and you can freeze the sauce in an ice cube tray and use as much as you need (no waste) . The cheaoest  real cheese I have found is at Costco unkess you find a sale,  remember those little bags are 6-8 ounces and you have to do the math,  they might sound cheap  until you figure the per pound price.  Unit pricing can be tricky when it calculates per ounce .   Some prices I have in my head are for cans and you have to do the math. 
  3. Pork chops are still the center cut chops that I  cut from a 1.50 a pound Pork loin. Apples  are still 3.69 a bag at Winco.  That makes them about .69 a pound,    
  4. Chicken nachos.    Tortilla  hips are cheaper  at Winco for mission brand ,   You can bake them from flour tortillas in a pinch,   I have not done the math to tell of that is,cheaper, but, you can control the fat and the salt.   Cheapest at DT or on bulk at Costco.    I add grated cheese, chicken or beef cooked. Tomatoes, mild  peppers and sometimes black  olives and/or refried beans as a base.   Sliced olives are cheaper at  Winco.  
  5. Chilli in the slow cooker.   I always prefry the hamburger meat and portion control it when I get it home from  the store.   I can cook the beans in the insta pot, turn the pot off , drain them when done and add the tomatoes 🍅 and seasonings and turn the pot back on slow cooker mode.   One pot and almost,no hands on time.  
  6. Shrimp stir fry.    Stir fry veggies are frozen.  Sometimes  I add ramen noodles cooked without the packet , or make  rice.
  7. Breakfast 4 Dinner.    Everybody cooks.   Family night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment