Kitchen management takes a different approach and cleans a little at a time. Cleaning one drawer or cabinet at a time gets the job done in pieces.
For anyone that doesn't know what kitchen management is , or os prepping and cleaning for the week ahead. It saves a lot of time and you are doing the clean up once. Meal time can be hectic and having a head start in dinner is a great advantage,
- Go over the plans for the week. Schedule an easy dinner for those days you know are going to be especially busy.
- Chop anything that can be chopped ahead of time, A green salad can be made and out on a bowl with a oaoer towel in the bottom and you can eat on it all week, This won't necessarily work if you aremisong organic veggies.
- Clean the fridge and organize . Putting the same kinds of things in a shelf saves how noting time: dairy, leftovers, condiments amd bottles that are too tall.
- Clean the meat drawer and nitemwhat needs to be eaten,
- We have amcheese drawer. Do the cheese bins need to be filled. Grate cheese?
- Bread dough in the bread bucket?
- Make bread?
- Precook any meat that is going to be used in the next two days.
- Make cookies or any granola bars etc that you will need. I have been saving any bits from the bottom of cereal. Pretzels etc for adds into rice crispy treats. Anything that sounds good.
- Pick one extra thing, The oven? The top of the Fridge! , the microwave? For a deep clean - organize the pantry.?
- Wash the counters and the outside of any appliances.
- Premake or load a school lunch basket for the week. When granddaughter had to bring lunch, we fixed a basket in a lower cabinet with fruit cups, cereal bars, yogurt, spoons, napkins etc so she could load her lunch box.
- Wash the floor .
Starting the week organized saves a lot of hassle and time.