Monday, March 6, 2017

Kitchen management

https://youtu.be/1pSazDl5iDw

Above is a recipe on u tube  for a hamburger soup/ stew that I ran onto.  This lady is a really good cook.  She isn't necessarily  the most healthy of the lot, but she has so many good recipes that can be adapted to fit your diet.  

I had a meeting to ggo to this am, so kitchen management didn't happen.  I have to find the recipe on Pinterest for chicken and broccoli with creamy mustard sauce.  


  • Find recipe
  • Thaw pork roast 
  • Prepare nachos 
  • Make bread ( the neighbor broke her ankle ) 
  • Make chocolate rice crispy treats.   


I did do some pantry cleaning  over the weekend when we bought 25 pounds of rice and 24 pounds of flour.    Those cost about. 15.00, but  will last us about three months.  Costco has yeast for about 2.50.    For about nine dollars - the price of three loaves of bread, you can make two dozen loaves of bread.   I did clean on the coupon binder and add new coupons.  I have a wonderful friend that brings me hermcohpons as well as my own.   I can average five dollars a week.   That's 260.00 a year.   I can almost feed us for a month on that.  And, contrary omthose that don't like coupons, most of what I buy on coupons os for real food.    


Last night we had scrambled eggs, a blueberry muffin I made from scratch muffin mix (taste of home) and some berries.  Breakfast 4 dinner.   Taste of home is a good resource for recipes.  You can google what you want to make and find a recipe.   I have written for them in the past as well as Women's Day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment