Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday madness

I am proud of the fact that I can feed us for 1/2 the USDA stats for our family. It takes a little work, but the rewards are worth it.  I am trying to teach others so that they can get through hard times if they need to.or if they just don't want to waste money paying full price.  Feeding your family a well balanced meal in these times is a challenge, doing it on a thrifty budget is really a challenge.  It is doable with some  work and knowing some  tricks.

I am not expecting everyone to follow my plan.  I realize that there are people that don't have to desire to spend any time on economizing.  That's what makes the world go around.  This blog is for the people that have to or want to make both ends meat and grocery shop on the cheap while feeding their family a variety of nutritious foods.  Some  people get a new recipe to try out of it , some get an idea to get out of the kitchen faster.  Whatever you get out of it, I hope it helps you,that is my motivation.  I don't get momey for this blog, I just want to help,people with the tools they need to live by any means they have..  Been there, done that, and want to help people get through it easier than I did.  

I was really excited when I discovered that I had two tubes of toothpaste for my stash for the women's shelter.  I was paid fifty cents to take them out of the store.  At that rate, I will be able to get a lot more.  

I have been averaging fifty percent at the grocery stores.  It,does,mean that you need to go to two grocery stores a week.  Some weeks I have gone to one because the buys weren't there..  Some weeks I go to three because I can make best use of the sales and coupons. It all averages out.  

If you are trying to make it on SNAP, you can't go to the store and buy anything that strikes your fancy.  It takes some restraint and self control.  Planning meals helps to make the hard days easier.
Finding recipes everyone in your family likes is a real boon too.

I would like to reach more people, especially people that are going to be hurting when snap monies are cut.  I just don't exactly know how.  Anybody that has a great idea, please comment.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment